Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Life Happens

Here I am after far too long yet I truly do not want to go on about how I have failed to blog and blah, blah, blah.... Life happens, as we all know and things like a blog sometimes end up in the back seat.'It is what it is' and one of these days I am going to become better at being consistent with this blogging thing. ;)
Summertime is a time of less consistency, less rules, more relaxing when possible, more fun, more excuses even. I mean, once we hit the fall routine we dig our heels in so deep we don't allow ourselves much slack at all. I think I have that in the back of my mind sometimes and so I  give myself a little break while I can.
I haven't always been this way. It's one of those things that comes with getting older and realizing just how fast life flies. Knowing that when there is a chance to take your grandsons to see "Inside Out" followed by making signs for a Lemonade stand (because one wants to be diligent and earn some money), you do it.  Or when you have a day to spend holding your infant granddaughter, you are in no hurry at all to jump in your car and drive home. When a conversation over coffee lingers longer than expected you just go with it knowing that both of you needed this friend time right now.
Life can be a rush. I know! I am usually the one rushing it. I live by lists and schedules that dictate my every waking moment.
Lots of things wake us up to the reality that life is fleeting, tomorrows are not promised. The truth of the matter is if we have had a wake-up call in our life we can and should count ourselves blessed to the core. You see now we will live with a new understanding. When things get a little crazy we will find that center that says.... 'slow down, remember it's not that big of a deal'
Oh there will be big deals, I am certainly not discounting that. What I am saying is that many of us (ah hem, ME!) tend to make even the little things way too big. But maybe, just maybe it's time to cut yourself some slack and enjoy another splash in the pool, a longer lunch break, an evening watching the sunset. Do what restores your soul and know that the world will not come to an end, you WILL get back to the task at hand.
As for me, I am going to grab that book I have been meaning to start reading along a tall glass of iced tea with lemon. I might even float in the pool while reading.  ;)
May you have many precious summer moments to enjoy!
Love & Blessings, Sherry

1 comment:

  1. สล็อต รับฟรีเครดิต เป็นเกมการเดิมพันยอดฮิตตลอดมา โดยในเว็บไซต์ของเราเป็นเว็บไซต์บริการเกม สล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มี PG SLOT เครือข่ายเว็บไซต์ที่มีขนาดใหญ่อย่างใหญ่โต เราให้บริการ

    ReplyDelete