Sunday, March 28, 2010

Living in the Moment

This seems to be the common theme running through my heart and mind lately.
Living in such a way that I am aware and present in each moment,
for you never know how precious this moment will be to you later.
A couple of days ago my daughter texted me that she was enjoying a precious memory as she heard a familiar song come on the radio. The song "The Great Adventure" by Steven Curtis Chapman was one of our family favorites for some time.
In fact it was our "theme song" when we made our trek out to Tennessee.
Just by hearing that song on the radio she had images of riding along in our aqua blue truck, music blaring, her brother singing his little heart out, with his peculiar round sun glasses on!
:)
It was a common occurrance that stuck in her memory and caused her heart to smile big as she remembered it that day. Yet it was nothing we conjured up at the time, it was a simple
happening, one that was as common as any ride in the car was in those days!
You see, you never know when you are making a memory.
When those mundane, every day things will cause you to smile big as you remember them.
"Our days weave together the simple pleasures of daily life.
Which we should never take for granted."
~A.S. Byatt
I am making an effort to S L O W down in the hustle and bustle of my every day life.
I find it hard when things get so overwhelming and overload my schedule...
but it is my aim to treasure each moment as it exists.
I hope that you find the pleasure and treasure of every moment of your life...
today and every day.
Much love!
XO
P.S.
I wrote this craZy post FOUR times...each time it became different, I kept on losing it in some mysterious way!!! SO...I hope it actually posts this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment