Monday, October 11, 2010

The Clouds Are Parting....




The fabulous sights of God's creation never cease to amaze and thrill me!
I saw this sight on my way home from a long day of work recently....I could not pass it up.
I had my camera with me so I pulled over, jumped out of my car and snapped several pics.
I am sure the people who were passing by me at
lightning-gotta-get-home-speed were thinking I was nuts,
but I knew better.
The very act of me stopping to take in this scene was a HUGE part of the progress I am making.



For a while I was so submersed in the deep dark hole that I could not see ANYTHING.

That happens sometimes.
It is not fun, nor is it anything I am proud to admit.
It seems to come with the territory of LIFE
and life with a chronic illness that takes a HUGE toll on the 'ole AGING body!

I don't talk about it much, I actually prefer to act like it is not even there.
(the fact that I have been struggling with a condition called Fibromyalgia for 7 years now)
Which has been part of my problem.
If you act like something is not there it does not magically disappear!
Go figure!

Some times the pain and agony in my body is so intense that it takes a terrible toll on the rest of me, my emotions, my mind, my attitude.

Yea, my attitude was starting to get pretty bad....
that is probably why God had me in a little "time-out".
Can't say I blame Him!

Every year around my birthday time I make it a point to STOP
and ponder, pray, seek GOD, re-evaluate my life and the things that are filling it up.....
However, this was not the "feel good, catch a break, get-away" kind of fun reflection I prefer!

I gleaned several lessons during this little time out,
most of which I am still digesting.
I can tell you though,
that if you are seeking GOD amidst all your troubles and trials,
He will be there. He will NEVER fail you.

People, on the other hand, might consistently disappoint....
that is when we must remember that
we are all just human beings striving to do our personal best
while we are here on this earth.
In the end what really, truly matters is doing God's work.
Being and doing the things He has for us, and us alone.

There are several talents and gifts we each possess that come packaged uniquely in us.
That leaves us each with a huge responsibility
to do everything we can to use them to the fullest for HIS glory.

I hesitate to post this.....I hesitate to be this REAL..
but you know what,
this is life.
This is what real life is like.
I know I am not the only one who struggles, who finds themselves
stumbling and falling down under the pressures of life.
I know I am not the only one to struggle with health issues that take a
tremendous toll not only on ones body but also the mind and emotions.

You know that saying....
Remember that the person you pass by today is fighting a harder battle than you.

I have only shared this with a few people but this leads me to the perfect illustration;

The day my mother died, back in January of 1997.
I had been in ICU with her, I witnessed her take her last breath
and then lie perfectly still, never to breath again.
I was with her as her spirit left her body.
As I walked out the door into the hallway just moments later...
there was a complete stranger who was in an all out, gotta-get-there mode
who was going so quickly that he/she
(I do not even remember!)
brushed my shoulder and nearly knocked me over.
Probably because I was already feeling very unstable.
That person had no idea that my mom just died!
I even remember thinking that.........
They don't know what I just experienced.

I wonder how many times we brush past someone who is facing one of their bleakest moments?
How many times we can brighten someones day by a simple smile?
How many times we have been thoughtless and inconsiderate,
never thinking about what that person is dealing with.

I do my best to remember this lesson, and to treat others gently and kindly.
We all deserve to be treated kindly.

Let me tell you.....whatever you are facing today GOD is bigger than it.
No matter how buried you feel, how submersed you feel,
how hard it is to even stay upright....
GOD IS WITH YOU!
HE LOVES YOU!!!!!!

Hold on tight & BREATHE!!!!

If you see a breathtaking sight.......
STOP, take it in and know that God is sending you a message of LOVE.
It is like a little postcard mailed directly to YOU!!!

Love & Blessings!
XO


1 comment: