Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rested...Restored and READY!!!!!




My sweet husband and I were able to escape for a few days and oh how refreshing it was!!!



We have a few favorite little spots to stay at the central Coast, this time we were choosing the place we thought would be the most quiet and relaxing. It did not disappoint!!!!



The weather was awesome! It ranged from stormy, rainy, sunny and cloudy and I loved every bit of all of it!



I could feel my worries and anxieties being blown away by the gentle breezes as I sat out overlooking the vast ocean...thinking of God's amazing love for us!


I rested my body and yet we walked everywhere we went.
I read and I sat still.
We talked and we sat together quietly.
I talked to God and I listened to God.
I wrote and I sat quietly.

It was all the perfect combo!!!


I want to encourage you today to find that perfect combo in your heart and life.
To do what you must, but add a dose of what you want!
To take care of those you are responsible for
and to give yourself that same TLC!
To work a little and
to play a little.
To pray to GOD
and then take time to LISTEN to Him!
To sit quietly with those you love.....
really truly LISTEN to them and HEAR their heart.
Sit quietly with yourself and
Listen to your own heart.


Every day there are (and always will be)
challenges and obstacles to overcome.
But each and every day we must remember...
THIS could be our last day on earth....

SOooooooo

How are we spending it?
What impression are we making?
What legacy are we leaving.......
And
Something else I have thought about a lot in my own life lately......

ARE YOU HAPPY???????

Happiness is a choice!
I know...I know
life is handing you a ton of JUNK and it seems like there is no way
out of the muck and the mire of it all.
Remember.......
I KNOW!
I have been there! More than once in my life.
I know the struggle it is to reach up and out when you feel so sucked in
and your very breath seems knocked out of you.
The reality of life is we are gonna have some pretty rough days here on earth.
The enemy is out to "steal, kill and destroy".
Satan does not want you to live victoriously.
He wants you to be down and out and feeling hopeless.

BUT........
I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU

GOD
has a much better plan!!!
He wants you to live a life of abundant happiness and peace.

Are you familiar with the fruits of the Spirit?
If you have the Spirit of God in your heart and life these fruits shall abide in you...
THEY ARE:

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL.
(Galatians 5:22)


I want to encourage you to draw close to the Lord today
wherever you are and whatever you are doing.....call out to Him
and He will touch you right where you are!!!!


If you get a chance, go outside, whatever the weather
and take a few big deep breaths...
breathing in the good and exhaling out the bad.


Lift your hands up to the Lord and whatever cares you have been carrying around,
imagine them in your hands....
Hold them OPEN and RELEASE them to He who is capable!!!!
Today is a new day...
Go and enjoy every moment!!!!!!!!!
Love & Blessings!
XO
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete