Sunday, April 13, 2014

I BELIEVE!!!!

My heart and soul have been absolutely consumed lately. Rather than give you a laundry list of ALL that is going on in my head, home and heart I thought I would just see if I can somehow express some of my feelings and emotions in hopes that I can bring light to someone else.




Life has been full, overflowing actually, with a lot of BIG stuff.
The big things that only happen once in a great while, if EVER!
Those kinds of things that are the high scorers on the score sheet of stress levels.


A very dear friend of mine who has been going through a very trying time once told me that "You never know desperation, until you have been desperate"
She certainly knows desperation!
I am pretty sure I know desperation.
But that is not where the story ends.
The story goes on to the one who holds the hope and the future.



"BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS, DO NOT BE AFRAID OR TERRIFIED
 BECAUSE OF THEM, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD GOES WITH YOU;
 HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU."
DEUTERONOMY 31:6



I am thankful to be able to put all of my faith and trust into a loving God who cares for me. Who will never leave me nor forsake me.
He is right there beside us, helping us walk through this journey we are facing.
He carries us when we cannot take another step forward.




We go through seasons...
Some seasons are filled with cold, dark days.
Some are full of flowers and rainbows.
All are important and necessary.


We must remain in faith when we cannot see through the piercing darkness. It is easy to take the next step or to sing the hallelujahs when we are seeing rainbows and flowers.
Faith calls for us to do so even when we cannot see the future, when it does not LOOK as if it could ever work out.




Who ever thought when Jesus was placed in the tomb after dying a gruesome death on the cross that three days later that huge stone would be rolled away and the tomb would stand EMPTY!?
 That Jesus would be ALIVE!?!?!? 
That there was a power THAT strong!


THAT is the power I am putting my hope in.
The resurrection power!!!
I BELIEVE!!!!
Do you believe?
Is your hope in the One who holds the future or only in what your mind can comprehend?


I want to encourage you to put your hope and faith in the ONE who holds the future. The One who died upon the cross to save us from our sins and then surprised everyone by rising from the dead!!!!!




"MAY THE GOD OF HOPE FILL YOU WITH ALL JOY & PEACE IN BELIEVING,
SO THAT BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT YOU MAY ABOUND IN HOPE"
EPHESIANS 15:13


Whatever you are facing today, whether it be desperation or simple exhaustion and frustration...hold on dear one to the perfect promises of our faithful and loving God! All He asks you to do is to BELIEVE!!!!


XO
Much love to you!
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment