Monday, September 15, 2014

Women of Faith and confirmation....

I am just returning home from an amazing weekend at the Women of Faith conference. If you have never been, let me encourage you to attend! Check out the details here: womenoffaith.com  I attended for many years since it began almost 20 years ago. That is up until eight  years ago when my sweet little grandangel arrived on THAT weekend. In fact I was en route to WOF when the call came that she was on her way, so I turned my car in a new direction for the seven hour drive to be there for her arrival.
So, for the past eight years we have celebrated her birthday on this, the same weekend WOF is close to home in Anaheim. Well, since that precious little angel is now in Japan with her mommy, daddy and sister I had no birthday party to attend and was able to join my aunt, cousin and some friends for this fabulous annual event.
This conference came on the heels of some intense time of preparing for the launching of my program; Soul Steps. It was difficult for me to pull away from working on it, but as God does so well, He used this time in a most powerful way. The messages spoken by the anointed speakers and music artists were profoundly connected to the core message of Soul Steps, which inspires me and motivates me even more!


I believe there is a message God wants women to hear for this day and age. He wants us to know how powerful and strong we are, that we can and should be doing the work He has set for us to do. It is time to be brave and move on from the traps and snares that the enemy has been set before us. One speaker, powerhouse Lisa Bevere, said: "Spiritual attacks have more to do with who you might be in the future than anything about your past." That spoke to the depths of my heart since part of my journey has been to overcome the issues of my childhood, the words that were said and the things that happened to me. The enemy knows if he can get us to stay stuck in that defeated attitude then we will be rendered ineffective as a powerful woman for Christ. It is time we pull out our swords (the Word of God) and use them! We need to quit retreating into the corner of our little worlds where we wallow in our insecurities and struggles, and move out into the world doing the work that needs to be done.
We all know our world is in a crazy place right now, these are signs of the times, which makes it even more urgent that we are doing His work, to get unstuck and move out into the effectiveness He has empowered us to live in.
We need to allow God to go into the deep parts of our hearts and move out all the junk that has been buried in there for long enough. When we release the clutter we have room for the things He wants for us, the fruits of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control.


If you live in the Bakersfield area let me encourage you to sign up for SOUL STEPS where you will be led on an amazing journey out of your defectiveness and into the freedom of Christ.  We will be digging out the junk that you have been buried beneath, the stuff that keeps you stuck in a rut. After years of being buried beneath the rubble it is time to do some spiritual deep cleaning and this is the perfect opportunity to do just that.


The series begins on September 30th, meeting every Tuesday for seven weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me here or at my email; amazinglovecreations@gmail.com  I would love for you to join me on this Soul Step journey as we move out of our broken places and into the freedom of Christ.


Much love and blessings!
XO Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment