Sunday, March 8, 2015

Living In Freedom

I always feel so bad when it occurs to me that I have failed to keep up with my poor blog.
My life tends to swirl around in fast motion, as I am sure yours does, making it hard to keep up. Just when you are about to catch up something else gets thrown in the mix. I know you all understand full well what I am talking about.
As I reflect upon the point we are at in our current session of Soul Steps I thought I would share a little. In the Soul Step journey women are encouraged  to dig out their "junk." The stuff they have buried and shoved down. This takes a process of discovery. Once it is all dug up  we process what needs done with these things that have caused us to live bogged down.
Depression, un-forgiveness, haunting memories of the past, resentment, regret, shame, fear, anxiety... the list goes on and on.
God does not intend for us to live held down by these things, He sent His son that we would live in freedom. Most of us fail to do just that. We think we have to earn the freedom, we forget to remember that the price has already been paid.
Galatians 5:1 says: "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free, stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
It is for freedom that Christ set us free.....
Are you getting that?
We have been set free FOR FREEDOM!
I am pretty sure if you were offered something for free you would be quick to accept the offer. I mean think about it; if you were offered free groceries for a month, you would be showing up at the grocery store. The reason there are people lined up in the aisles of Costco is so they can receive a free sample. When  a new business opens up people are quick to show up for the free samples and goodies that are offered on opening day.  FREE is our favorite price, right?
Yet the greatest gift ever has been given to us for free and we just move on past it day after day after day, living in bondage.
God longs for us to be rid of all of the junk we carry around on our shoulders day after day after day. He longs for us to live in the freedom He offers.


I want to encourage you today to take inventory of what is keeping you from living in that freedom, those things that have been shoved down and are holding you back from living a fully effective life for Christ. He is waiting for you to accept His offer, the next move is yours.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment