Wednesday, May 13, 2015

BY FAITH

"Ever find yourself wondering what the next step is in life? Feel like you are just not sure what God wants you to do next?
That is exactly how I have been feeling in this current season of my life.
I poured myself whole-heartedly  into creating Soul Steps then launching it, and hosting 3 seven-week sessions. During this time I was also training to become a Christian Life Coach. I have since received my certification. I have been diligent, devoted, nose-to-the grindstone, busy,  getting it done.
And now.
Now I am finding myself in a strange season of life. Not at all because I have nothing to DO. I doubt I will ever find myself at a time in life when I do not  have a lengthy to-do list waiting to be checked off. I am ever productive and always have a project or ten that I am working on. But there is something different about this little lul I am in.  Which by the way comes in very handy because I have a precious grand-angel about to arrive.  ;)
This morning I went to the Word for some direction and clarification. I figured I would finish where I left off in Hebrews and after I did that I would look for further inspiration. Yea, well it was all right in front of me all along.
You see I have been reading and journaling in my new journaling Bible and as I read Hebrews 11 & 12 and then looked back over some of the notations I have made in the journaling column I found the very answers I was seeking. Isn't that just like God!? Confirmation that God wants us to share, to "stir up one another." The Word reminded me that He does not want us to "throw away our confidence." That "we have need of endurance to do the will of God."
Of course while reading all of this my ever questioning mind of mine was already working overtime.  Questions popping into my head while I was reading verse after verse of inspiration. Then I flipped to the pages that points  out how the "people of old" did the things they did BY FAITH.  Verse after verse tells of those who acted BY FAITH: Abraham, Noah, Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joseph. BY FAITH the Egyptians crossed the Red Sea, BY FAITH the walls of Jericho crumbled. (See Hebrews 11)
The questions I have about the details, the things that I cannot figure out are apparently to be dealt with BY FAITH.
Hebrews 11:8 says "BY FAITH Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out not knowing where he was going...by faith...."
So I may not know where I am going or how to navigate my way there but I do know the One who does. Today I will begin taking the first steps of faith forward into this land unknown. Trusting that He knows and He will show me the way.
Let me encourage you to do the same. Do not continue standing with your feet planted in fear. That dream, that vision, those things you have meant to do...start today. One step at a time. BY FAITH. Believe me you will not be alone if you invite Him as your travel partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment