Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SURRENDER

Ahhhhh..... such is the way of God that when you hear His Word and let it seep deep down into your soul, it will begin to feed you like nutrition. That is why I often refer to it as "manna to my soul". He gives us just what we need every day, no more, no less. Only what can be digested and make sense to our earthly minds.

Often times I experience, what I am sure many of you do to, when I hear a message, read a story or devotion, hear a song, and it all seems to be saying the same thing to my heart. Such great confirmation. I love when this happens because I KNOW I am receiving a personal message from God. You know what it is like when someone tells you something and you feel like YES!! You get it! You understand. Well, I guess that is what this feels like to me. It is like YES GOD! That is EXACTLY what I needed to hear! (Duh! Like He didn't know! ha!!)

I had this experience over the weekend. It seemed like every message I listened to on TV (love me some church on TV when I am home on the weekends) while puttering around the house, the songs that I had playing while I was in my studio, the devotion I read in my awesome new devotional ("Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young)...were ALL speaking to me. Funny thing is, it was not so much to ME as it was to my heart about OTHERS I know who are going through some pretty tough times right now. OH, believe me I know it is still for me...because His Word is ALWAYS relevant in my heart and life. But these messages are meant to be shared, which is exactly why I am bringing all this up............

I want to share it all with you today!!!!!

SURRENDER TO GOD'S STRENGTH!!!
You have been hurting so deeply. Your heart is aching so terribly that it hurts, it really HURTS. Sometimes the simple act of breathing is painful, it cuts deep.
You must remember that when you are the weakest HE is the strongest! The battle is NOT yours, it is HIS. He wants to fight for you. He wants to protect you from all the pain you are feeling. He wants you to find PEACE in HIM.

YES, the pain you feel is REAL. VERY VERY VERY real!!!! Nothing minimizes how awful it is for you right now. But He wants you to move from that painful place to a place of TRUST, TRUST in HIM! Because when we are fearing, when we are anxious....we are NOT trusting Him!!!!

I am one to speak. I have worry stamped in a huge crease on my forehead. But then again, that may very well be why I know so much about how I am SUPPOSED to behave!  ;)

I often meditate on Philippians 4:6-8.......

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. "

Seriously, these words are imprinted upon my heart because I have had to refer to them so many times.
I encourage you to write them upon your heart. (which means memorize them so they are there to stay).

When you find yourself ready to go crazy with fear or worry...begin to recite these words, out loud, or silently in your mind. It doesn't matter, just SPEAK THEM!

It is a daily walk. Day by day, sometimes moment by moment. Get through this moment, this day and THEN move on to the next. Just like manna for the soul, you have the energy and strength you need RIGHT NOW, He has equipped you with just what you need.

He has not left you, He never will leave you nor forsake you!!!!
He loves you.

PRAISE HIM.
Oh I know.....it feels a little weird to praise Him when you are feeling like you can barely think a positive thought right now. That's okay, He understands! Begin to offer the "sacrifice" of Praise. Sacrifice means that it cost you something. So when you reach deep into yourself right now and make the effort to sacrifice that praise that does not come easy, you are doing just what you should be doing.

PRAISE is FAITH at work!

You never know when your victory is coming, so do not give up!!!!! Never EVER give up!!!!
God has not nor will He ever give up on you!
Dig deeper. Dig your heels in. HOLD ON.
Shake off the negative.
 Stay in a constant attitude of praise and thanksgiving.
(what a perfect season to be practicing this!!)
One of the best ways to practice this is by coming up with at least one thing every day that you have to be thankful for.

You may be on the brink of your miracle. The change you are looking for may happen TODAY. The revelation you need to hear from God may come TODAY! That pain inside you may begin to ease TODAY! So....hang in there! Never, ever let go of HOPE!

Surrender to HIM! Give it ALL to Him. He is waiting..................

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment