Thursday, August 23, 2012

Releasing Our Grip


 When I read my devotion for the day in "Jesus Calling" I knew immediately that I wanted to share this with you in light of our"Back to School theme''....

Here it is.....

**Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one - as well as yourself. Remember the extreme measures I used with Abraham and Isaac. I took Isaac to the very point of death to free Abraham from son worship. Both Abraham and Isaac suffered terribly because of the father's undisciplined emotions. I detest idolatry, even in the form of parental love.
When you release loves ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do."**


WOW! Talk about hit you where it hurts. I will admit that I am guilty....oh yes, VERY guilty!!!!

Idolatry?!? I sure never thought of it like that!! Ohhh mercy!!!
Endanger??? Oh no!!!!

I have often found myself consumed with concern over each one of my kiddos and my grandangels. Oh I know it is not OKAY to be worrying (that's why I used the word "concerned" ha!) yet I know I am only fooling myself.

This is an ongoing issue that I am consistently working on and trying to be better at. To release my cares and my loved ones unto Him. He is the ONLY ONE who is capable, He is the Master controller over everything!

Oh Lord I pray you will help me day after day to remember that I am helpless and it is not (and never has been) my job to cling tightly to my precious ones. 
 Oh Lord please help me to release my grip.
Help me to remember that there is nothing I can do that you cannot do.

I entrust my loved ones to you Lord and I promise I will try my best not to be an Indian giver!

XO Love & Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment